Here is a quick recap of the process.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Ryan's Cake
SO here are some pics of the cake that I made for Ryan's Birthday party. It evolved from a few ideas and this is what the final product looks like. I have been watching the food network cake challenges and that is where i got the idea for the rice crispy treat figure. It wasn't as hard as i thought it would be but it was a pain covering it with the fondant.
Here is a quick recap of the process.




Here is a quick recap of the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So cute, I love it! What you cover the cookies with? What's the brown powder?
holy crap katie, that is amazing.
because katie hates the taste of over colored frosting. when there is a dark color that needs to cover large areas of the cake I find something to cover it with... katie found some brown cookie that were just the right color. I put them in the food processor and make the powder to put over the white frosting.... katie hates the taste of black frosting so for ryans mickey mouse cake last year I took the filling out of oreos and did the same thing... there is a pic of that cake on the year review.
Yeah... it's amazing but Mario gets the credit for this one not me
It looked awesome in person. He always puts my cakes to shame and outdoes me.
Oh my goodness mario that is amazing!!!! From Nicole Rees
Holy cow I hate fondant. Im having wedding cake flashbacks. That cake is awesome.
Okay Mario...that cake was awesome! You've got talent!!! AND Katie I want to see a picture of big bird!!! I hear it looked pretty great too!
That cake was so awesome, even if Ryan didn't want much to do with the festivities!! :)
Post a Comment